PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Astraeus A320 Contracts
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2009, 17:27
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It doesn't take a lot to get Australians red in the face and thundering after that ghastly part of your history (ref post now removed). You really ought to move on. You lost it, just like the US Air Traffic Controllers. They moved on, you didn't. Try and grow up. We live in the real world, one where jobs migrate if the costs aren't right. You can huff and you can puff about it, but it is happening everywhere now. Unless you are a banker or a 'business leader', you are very much constrained in what your cost/productivity is, and no union now is going to be strong enough to bully businesses into keeping jobs rather than exporting them to a lower cost base, no matter how loud they shout, or how many rude expletives they use! You are burying your heads in the sand, refusing to face facts. The facts are out there happening. We should be grateful the jobs are staying in the British Isles. I reckon they must have come close to going further east!

But huff and puff about scabs all you please. That one was lost, US ATC was lost, the great Australian one was lost, the 49ers did not get their jobs back- exactly when will you lot face reality?

I was discussing what is going on in the industry this week. I think in the last few years, the pilot job has gone from being a-mazing to one I would not let my son invest £80k in to indebt himself for years and still not come out of it with a job. I reckon I could have done far better as a banker, but then sitting in an office shoving paper around and glancing out of the window and seeing a 747 fly past would have caused severe pain! So when we have a nice little feather nest in this industry, look after it, because the feathers are going to be stripped away without you noticing! And if you think the power of the unions will protect your little niche- you have a hard lesson to learn!