PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Astraeus A320 Contracts
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2009, 22:45
170to5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leo

Can you just clarify: what is the truth about the new RYR/BRK contract that has further reduced pilot wages (not salaries)? Is this the case? And if so, how do you feel knowing that, if you are a pilot, and not a manager or the man himself as some people think (I suspect that he wouldn't be too concerned about participating, or what was said on a pilot's internet forum) that the company has just announced pretty healthy profits for the year and instead of rewarding you, is seeking to further screw you over? And if you are on a BRK contract, how long can you afford to keep working for them?

Admit it or not, the fact is, if this rumour is true; you're about to get poorer because your CEO sees, and treats you as a monkey. Not one person that I have ever spoken to (and that includes a pretty healthy number of RYR F/O and Captains) has been able to say that their dream was to fly for Ryanair. Unless this is your case (which would be pretty impressive, and you'd be a stand-out case), stop defending the people who are desperate to get you down to minimum wage, minimum t&c's and max hours, whilst stabbing you in the back and ruling with fear at every opportunity. I won't say that they all hate it, but they would certainly be happy to cast their nets further afield.

I don't work for RYR, which may well be your next point, but most of what I know comes from guys who do so day in, day out (until they can get a job somewhere else).

The company hates you and your colleagues and treats you accordingly; I tire of you all acting like RYR are the saviour of mankind.