PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Astraeus A320 Contracts
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2009, 21:59
Leo Hairy-Camel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ticket pricing needs to get real.
No, dear, YOU need to get real. What my pilot colleagues know about the black art of yield management can be gathered, collectively, on the head of a pin. What once was, is no longer. It isn't hypocrisy to announce the truth in that, less still to conduct one's self in it's light.

Astraeus is company competing in a savagely brutal world, where massive capital investment is required to earn precious few returns, and I for one celebrate their acumen in pursuing such specious crumbs as may fall from the Irish table. Opportunity knocks only every so often, and in the sad Shamrock case, you'd better be quick.

I've only been flying aircraft for thirty years, but in that time I've seen such changes as would defy belief. There are two truths that have withstood the test of time. Firstly, that there will always be wings above a turbulent world, and second, that there will always be young men (and women) who pursue their place above the clouds, by whatever means possible. Unions, despite their best stated intentions to the contrary, have only ever managed to destroy far, far more than they create.

I agree with virtually nothing of what he says regarding unions
Norman is a stalwart of the old code, and though I, too, disagree with him to the very blood, I celebrate his point of view in variance of my own, and hold it higher still that he's able to disagree with me without recourse to insult or disparagement. Long may it be so, old friend.

Leo.