PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - cirrus sr22
Thread: cirrus sr22
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2009, 09:26
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IO540

That may well be true but my post was motivated by slightly different mischief making.

The point being as much as Sternone sings the praises of Mooney's (and they are a good aircraft) and derides Cirrus (and they have their problems) it is not too difficult to find issues with most aircraft. Mooney have their own unique and not so "unique" issues some of which I have highlighted. There are more.

Some one who purchased a new Ovation two years ago I suspect might be facing more depreciation that a Cirrus owner of the same vintage.

So in a sense I am simply pointing out that the passion with which Sternone derides Cirrus is misplaced. We each will speak well of the aircraft we fly because often we fly that particular type because we have satisfied ourselves it is the best aircraft for us.

I hope having been fortunate enough to have flown a fair few types I can be a little more dispassionate. For that reason I still believe all other issues aside the Cirrus is a very good aircraft - it has it faults, and it is not cheap to own and operate but perhaps not that much different from any new high performance aircraft. The Mooney is also a very good aircraft.

I have nothing against a thread that explores the problems of any given type but I think the way Sternone is intent on comparing a Cirrus with a Mooney diverts our attention from an otherwise interesting thread particularly when you might conclude the Mooney doesnt suffer from any "problems". It does - some the same, some different.

If you are in the market for either it is a matter of assessing which of the problem sets you are more comfortable with!