PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Agusta A109
Thread: Agusta A109
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2002, 01:32
John Eacott

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Arrow

Stinger's summary is fairly right, but I would query the fuel burn. 200lt/hr maybe, but not 200kg/hr. I consistently returned 135-140kg/hr fuel burn on a 109AII that I have operated for the past 8 years, which reduced to 130kg/hr at altitude (8000ft +) on long trips. Normal cruise was 135TAS, cruise Tq 90%. Our empty weight of a heavy corporate ship with air con., is 1830kg, mauw 2600kg. With the boot tank full (trick to overfill, turn on the boost pumps whilst filling the boot tank, the TMLF will pump fuel back into the mains & gain about 20kg per side. Don't undo the main tank fuel caps, though, as the fuel level will be up above the fill point!) the pax weight available is 110kg, allowing for an 80kg pilot. Watch the aft cg, though.......

I have found that the C model, with it's recalibrated Tq gauge, seems to encourage a higher cruise Tq, with a higher cruise TAS & fuel burn.

Whilst a fun little rocket ship, don't plan on long trips if you're over 5' 11", unless you are into self inflicted pain & mutilation