PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - cirrus sr22
Thread: cirrus sr22
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2009, 03:16
paulp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sternone - Actually you haven't responded when it has been pointed out that many of your comments are flat out wrong. You have claimed items of fact are mere opinion and not responded when it has been made clear that an item is indeed fact. You talk about what you don't know and then when you are called out on it you shift to something else without a response.

In all of your anti-Cirrus tirades you did bring up one interesting point:

The depreciation on a new Cirrus is just stunning. How much value does a Cirrus hold after 10 years ? It's a complete disaster. Not a word from the cirrus lovers on this part (again) I have posted some real issue's, some of them cirrus lovers replied to (not really good) but most of them ignoring a descent reply.
Perhaps I missed an earlier question about depreciation since I have not, as you pointed out commented on it. I didn't know it was a topic you wanted a comment on. The high depreciation is indeed a fact. It is one of the few you have given. It is due to many reasons. Even prior to the recent economic crash Cirrus aricraft had high depreciation. They also had lots of repeat buyers due to the constant improvements being made. I know several people on their 5th Cirrus. If they had had all of the problems you state I doubt they would be repeat customers. Unlike a lot of other makes there was a real difference year to year so older planes depreciated. Furthermore, buyers wanting the new stuff were putting their older Cirrus aircraft on the market. That put pressure on pricing and resulted in depreciation. The recession hit hard including some of the core constituency of Cirrus. The SR22 is a great plane for developers to use to travel to different projects. A lot of Florida developers had Cirrus aircraft and these went on the market when the downturn hit. The final one is an item of supply. The SR22 has been the number one selling aircraft in the world for about 8 years running. With few buyers for aircraft of any kind in the recent downturn this has meant strong downward pressure as owners have had to get rid of their aircraft.

There you have it. I doubt facts and logic will count for much with you but perhaps they will matter to others who read this thread.