PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SARH to go
Thread: SARH to go
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2009, 23:41
TorqueOfTheDevil

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it would be a world class level of arrogance to presume that others cannot attain that same standard with the correct level of training.
Max,

This statement is absolutely right. But the concern that Crab et al raise is the conflict of interest between

he will not go solo on shift until everyone including himself believes that he is ready
and the requirement for a commercial organisation to make a profit. Even now, in the military, achieving a standard is more important than the amount of money which might have been spent on trying to train someone - if they don't make the grade, they won't pass SARTU/OCU, irrespective of how much money may have been spent getting them to that stage of training. Can you guarantee that a commercial operator will bin someone who doesn't quite get there after receiving a lot of investment in their training?

If so, I'll gladly wind my neck in, but I would wager that the mil chop rate is rather higher than the civ one. And on most SAROPs, an 80%-proficient crewmember may be adequate, but the toughest jobs will eventually take their toll if an individual is not quite up to the mark.