PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON - 6
Thread: LUTON - 6
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2009, 22:09
gilesdavies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure if I have missed anything in this mammoth thread, but was just curious to know if Ryanair has parked up one of their four 738's based at the airport and not using it at the moment...

Flew out to Marrakech on Tuesday morning and saw all four 738's parked up in there usual parking spots by gates 1-4, but when looking in the departure board was only three FR departures that morning.

When landed back today at about 1.40pm, the crew and ground staff were busy preparing the aircraft for its next rotation, and there was another 738 parked next it (could have been the same aircraft parked their since Tuesday, but didn't note reg). All the steps removed and not in use atall. Ryanair's usual policy is to maximise the fleet usage...

I thought all four 738's were pretty much maxxed out for the winter timetable servicing all the new and existing routes!?

------------------------------

On a seprate note, just wanted to comment what a pleasure the airport was to use, both at about 5am on Tuesday morning and arriving back today at lunchtime.

It wasn't its usual busy and chaotic self, security took all of five mins to clear on Tuesday, and today from landing to being on the Central Storage car parking bus was all of 15mins!

I think this maybe a sign of the times for the airport, as I have travelled during the winter period other years early morning and has still been very busy. It did however make for a whole lot more pleasurable experience, and think todays numbers is what the terminal is really designed to deal with!

Only critisism is I notice they have removed more seating in departures area as you walk from Security into the main lounge area, and the duty-free store has now extended out onto the main floor next to the Ferrari raffle ticket stand! But wasn't an issue on this occassion!