PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SARH to go
Thread: SARH to go
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2009, 13:21
SirSokky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crab, Crab, Crab.......

'Sirsoky - it is quite clear you don't know much about helicopter rescues, winchmen or paramedics'.

Whilst no doubt my colleagues who are on shift with me today will no doubt agree with you, I am merely stating that what you and Crabette are 'poo-pooing' is in fact working extremely well in Coast Guard SAR, like it or not. A new pool of potential winchmen is not just available but also required due to the falling numbers of available winchmen from the traditional source!

The RAF don't have a monoploy on good ideas and although you may find it hard to accept there are others capable of designing an extremely robust and effective screening and training protocol to deliver top class professionals to the role of winchmen.

I am annoyed at myself for, after many years of watching with interest, getting into a debate with you when I knew that you had nothing but a 'bigoted' opinion!

Civil SAR is a 'melting pot' of alot of different experiences from which i.m.h.o the best S.O.P.'s are in place to deliver what the end user requires with no less dedication than even your conviction to the cause allows!

Off I go now to watch more 'Deadliest Catch' to further my knowledge of 'helicopter rescues'!

P.S. before anyone jumps down my throat......
bigot noun

/ˈbɪg.ət/ n [C] disapproving

a person who has strong, unreasonable beliefs and who thinks that anyone who does not have the same beliefs is wrong

(Definition of bigot noun from the Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary)