PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF's Maintenance Outsourcing.
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2009, 02:37
leewan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personally, I find it very distasteful and disgusting that such individuals do make these comments based on inexperience. It is a slap in the face to all individuals that worked hard to provide "fill in airline" and " fill in nationality" with the Invaluable, but often for-granted safety record they enjoyed up to today. It is almost a suggestion that this record is purely by chance, as every Miantenance organisation operates on the same playing field.
The same can be said to you as well. And what do you mean by inexperience ? Can you substantiate that statement with facts ? SQ once operated the biggest fleet of B744s in the world, currently operates the biggest fleet of B777s in the world and needless to say, the first in the world to operate the A380. As I mentioned earlier, do you see any SQ a/cs facing explosive decomp or 2 jumbos banging into each other while towing ?

Not quite sure what you are on about, but rest assured staples were on the EEL lighting power strips.
My questions are still not answered. Why were they discovered 10 months after the a/c left SIN hangars. What is the proof the staple( if there ever was) came from SIN and not some where else ?

However as we have worked our system and seen the quality of our own work, then seen the quality of some others in the way they operate, experience speaks alot louder than perception.
Very true.
I've seen QF A380s come in here and they almost, on a regular basis, face tech delays of up to hours on a range of issues. Tsk, tsk, where were they maintained to face this amount of problems ? I don't see the other A380 operators( SQ, EK) facing the same lengthy tech delays.