PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Astraeus A320 Contracts
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2009, 22:55
Lord Lardy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Astraeus Difficult? For some maybe but, keep trying, it will come through effort.
Perhaps but then I'm sure curser heard very little of your small company before now. Perhaps what would be more appropriate is a memo to your colleagues in Astraeus telling them that the callsign is 'SHAMROCK', not Aer Lingus. It's embarrasing having to hear ATC in Belfast telling you what your callsign is.

But that's just me being petty Ballymoss and wasn't something I was going to highlight in the argument. My anger in this whole scenario is more with Aer Lingus rather than Astraeus as your company should never have been put in this completely unnecessary situation in the first place. It's a Union bust and nothing short of it and you guys are unfortunately being used as the bait. It's nothing personal against any individual professional pilot in your company.

Lord L - surely not at the expense of their customers - I very much doubt such an idiotic stance would be taken by a professional airline.
If the decision was deliberate, and I hope it wasn't, then I think it was taken along the lines of it being best to highlight these problems early before any additional units come on board. 5 to 6 aircraft operating out of LGW to CAT 1 minima during the winter months is not my idea of a professional airline. Your words not mine.

Last edited by Lord Lardy; 12th Nov 2009 at 23:10.