PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Addressing passengers as 'guys'
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2009, 20:59
frequentflyer2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Addressing passengers as 'guys'

I have the greatest respect for cabin crew and I certainly do not expect them to be obsequious or subservient in any way. Friendly and chatty is all I want and when travelling on the airlines where row one on the left hand side is directly opposite the cabin crew seats I enjoy having conversations with them when they sit down for the approach and landing.
However, I have noticed, especially on the two leading loco carriers a growing tendency for cabin crew members to address passengers as 'guys'. Mrs. FF and I returned on Sunday from a holiday to Italy which involved a total of five flights starting at BFS and ending at BHD. On at least one of those flights we were addressed on several occasions in this manner. I've noticed it on other flights as well. I don't like it and I suspect many passengers of our age (late 40's) and older don't like it either.
Incidently this does not mean we want to be called Sir and Madam but we really don't want to be called 'guys'. I don't think its appropriate.