PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Enough is enough
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2009, 20:55
pacole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I cant believe some of the comments to the original post. We have all been there trying to get that first job. I remember well the training schools saying it will take 1 1/2 years and then the companies will be queing up to give you the right hand seat and a fat cheque. All rubbish. I eventually got there but only with six years of various training. wasted money. Flight instruction for peanuts and then buying a type rating and line training. I was lucky with a father who could lend the money for the type and line training with no idea when he will get paid back. Now after two years i have been laid off. At least i have a 1000 hours on type so a better chance. But in this climate who knows. So I just wish the training schools would give the wanabees a more realistic idea of their chances and the pitfalls of this line of work and stop showing fresh faced guys in glossy mags with their raybays and smug smiles. Its all rubbish. Your better of going for the x factor - you have more chance of winning that at the moment and at least you get a better contract with simon cowell.