PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways - Wannabes & Recruitment II
Old 12th Nov 2009, 20:30
Mari

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
incidents at work

Zvrky,

I`ve just read that you are joining another company in the Middle-East. Well done, congratulations!

Do not think that cases mentioned above only happen at Qatar Airways!!!

And my opinion, yes, it was nothing. It`s not worth to report it or even think about it! What do you expect as a junior crew??? Yes, support: you will get it on your supy flights. After that: you might come across with collaguages who act superior. What can you do? Report them. Well, you can see how effective it was in this case! In addition, you will be `the one who reports his collaguages`. I don`t think anyone would consider your opinion during probation...

You need to keep your mouth shut and try to deal with the situation. You shouldn`t be very sensitive. That`s the reality. Complaining is a waste of time! Complaining in the galley is even worse: it can backfire easily. Complaining could go back to your Cabin Crew Manager even.

She should have talked to the crew first, NOT the senior. She should have been more tactful asking him: Have I done something wrong? Oh, sorry about that. Can you, please, clarify. Are you all right because you look so stessed! Can I help you something?

It takes around 6-12 months to get used to the job, the place and find good friends. If you survive one year, you will survive everything.