PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 7
Thread: Ryanair - 7
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2009, 14:16
harbour cotter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zippy,

Thanks for sharing your views, and good for you that you got a cheap flight on the airline of your choice, but BA aint for me.

I have had some horrendous flights with BA (including business class) with poor customer service from both flight crew and ground staff. I could bore you with the stories. Additionally, within Europe Ryanair provide a much better choice of destinations. Long Haul BA are not an option as I have a 200 mile unpleasant drive first, with usually a cost of a hotel thrown in. And again, my personal experiences with ba longhaul are grim. So now I interline at AMS or use Locos to change to longhaul from Europe, this has the additional advantage of cutting the air tax, although you have to check in again. Doesnt bother me, I can sit in the lounge with all the money saved.

Ryanair are not by far my favourite airline, nor even my Loco of choice (easyjet I find are better). But they do the job, get me where I want to go at low cost, on time and without hassle and without the need for disgusting airline food. Indeed everything which BA isnt. Yes some elements of ryanair are annoying, but thats it, certainly more positive than negative. I read the t and c's and add all the 'extras' so that I am fully aware of the cost of the flight. Yes it would be better to show a 'an inclusive fare', but I went to school and I can at least manage some basic arithmetic. I never used to bother with on-line check in but since Ryanair has forced me to, I now dont have to bother queing at check in and I can arrive at the airport much later than I used to. This in itself is a benefit.

You prefer BA, I dont have a problem with that. You even like their food. Cant you just accept that many people have a choice and if Ryanair is not to your liking fine, simply choose another airline if you can, but obviously it doesnt really bother millions of pax like me.