PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I'm hanging up my headsets.
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2009, 06:31
ifitaintboeing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

As I understand it,your NPPL lasts for life so should still be valid (if your medical is also.)Your recent rating (SEP?) should I think carry over to the NPPL.
Dig out your NPPL, as it is still valid! If you can't find it, contact NPLG at Turweston. They should be able to arrange a copy for you.

Transfer the FCL150 (Ratings - Certificate of Revalidation) from your JAR-PPL into the NPPL and hey presto - you can carry on flying! You will be restricted to the Class Rating on your NPPL - if it says SSEA or SEP then no problem. As Nike advertise - just do it!

If you upgraded straight from NPPL (Microlight) to JAR then you can only fly microlight - you will need to add the SSEA (Simple Single Engine Aircraft) to your NPPL by completing a flight test - PM me and I will assist, or take Bose-x up on his kind offer.

Your NPPL and JAR-PPL will have the same CAA reference numbers - the only difference is the Class Rating which you are revalidating goes from SEP to SSEA at the next revalidation, and you are restricted to SSEA on your NPPL licence.

You can also transfer the JAR Class 2 medical and use it until it expires since that also has the same CAA reference number, then obtain a doctor's NPPL declaration for your next medical.

If you fulfill all of the experience requirements to revalidate your NPPL class rating now, why not do so, and give yourself two years of Class Rating validity for nowt. (The one hour with an instructor only has to be in the last 24 months to revalidate an NPPL unlike your JAR-PPL!).

Contact the LAA Pilot Coaching Scheme if you have any questions; I believe they are very knowledgeable on these matters... [email protected]

No need to give up yet....no flying or cost involved....just a bit of paperwork shuffling to revalidate you for the next two years! Simples

There is plenty of fun flying to be done yet!

ifitaint...

Last edited by ifitaintboeing; 12th Nov 2009 at 06:48.