PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When will Ryanair pilots learn!!!!???
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2009, 01:31
as17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some thoughts on this hate filled rant

Its bloody insulting that all of you non Ryanair guys think we don't get paid enough to either stay in a house at our base or in a hotel when we are out of base. I get paid plenty of money, and when I am out of base its an extra 20 euros per sheduled hour which in my experiance is more than enough to stay in a 4 star hotel. I don't like Ryanair, but they pay me to fly aeroplanes. I go in to work and do my job and then go home again. I have no loyalty to the brand or company, but as long as they keep paying me I don't care. If they ever want me to do anything I am not contractly bound to do I will tell them where to go unless there is something in it for me.

I am earning more money than my friends who are working at other airlines who didn't have to pay for thier type rating. And I have two friends from my flying course flying biz jets, both of whome have to have second jobs to make ends meet. Thats even with the couscous they are given for free during the cruise. At the end of the day I'm the one driving a sports car and they still have the same thing they were driving through pilot training. Not that I have anything against them, they are both great freinds of mine. I guess we can't all work for Netjets eh?

To the original point of this thread- it is disgraceful that Ryanair are having a pay freeze for Ryanair pilots given that they have made a vast profit this year. The airline is run by accountants and I know that they can easily manipulate the books so they can screw the pilots on their pay deal.

However, I flew with a captain last week who's brother works for Easyjet as a captain as well. Although they are a lot "nicer" and look after you there, he said he earns a lot more than him- even after all the stuff you have to pay for yourself at Ryanair.

And WWW, you are an idiot- probably one of those arrogant Easy guys who thinks that working for easyjet is as good as BA and who clog up the airways down to Spain by flying at .77 the whole time. Get over yourself... and get out of the way. Some of us don't have to fly at cost index 0.