PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - john frohnsdorff elected BALPA General Secretary
Old 18th Jun 2002, 17:14
Big Kahuna Burger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<<Don't get carried away gentlemen !
7750 ballot papers, only 56.4 % returned. The vote for JF represents 37.8 % of the ballot papers issued.
Our employers will be ecstatic - they will smell a disinterested, headless, rudderless set of pilots !>>

Willowman

I think that you really could not be further from the truth in this instance.

Voter apathy with low percentage turn outs have ALWAYS been the case in most elections.

I believe this to be especially true when it comes to the multitude of papers we normally get shoved through our letterbox concerning manifestos, votes, committees, elections blah blah blah, from BALPA.

56 % is a great return rate.
67% vote for a candidate is EVEN BETTER.

The 44% that did not vote, it has to be presumed, would not be bothered who ever won.

I think that this signals EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE of what Willowman has stated.

Two thirds of the membership that bothered to vote, were not happy with the performance and leadership of CD.

And now JF will find a replacement to the members liking and not to the liking of MG.

This is not just about having a Union that is prepared to stand up and start to correct the continual decline of our conditions of service, that has been occurring for over a decade now. Hugmonster reminds us, its not just about remuneration...

<<For example, flagging-out, employment of non-EU crews, levelling the JAA playing field, over-liberalisation of FTLs etc.? >>

No more cosy deals under the table, that the members cant see hey...