PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 11th Nov 2009, 19:02
EuRoFiGhTeR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys and gals,

I'm basically just looking for some advice. I'm currently in my first year of uni, studying aeronautical engineering and I want to apply to the UAS and eventually RAF for Pilot. However, I've only really been interested in joining the RAF for a short period of time, so haven't been involved with ATC or CCF, base visits, airshows or anything like this. And at the moment I don't think I would have enough knowledge of the RAF and general Armed Forces to pass an OASC interview. Basically after filling out my application I realised that there was nothing immpressive on there except perhaps my A level grades and academic stuff. The deadline for me to apply this year for UAS sponsorship is the 21/11 (I think!), but I was just wondering whether you'd think it would be worth me not applying this year or just getting my act together for next year?
How harmful to my chances of getting in would it be for me to fail this year, and would I be able to apply next year?

Sorry about the hideously long post, thanks for reading and for any advice!