PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low cost or "normal" airline ?
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2009, 23:46
BobHead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BobHead

Are you suggesting that the BA accident and the AF disaster were directly due to either companies SOP's? Or poor maintenance? etc. If so then please show us the report that states this to be the case as every cooperate manslaughter charge will be thrown at them you can think off.

No but the Pax's only see a certain airline has crashed and care little for the reason. Nor will it effect their use of that airline.

We both know that this is not the case. In fact after what happened with US1594 I would be even more inclined to fly Cactus!

Providing a list that goes back to 1970 is somewhat irrelevant as real lcc flying (as far as number of sectors are concerned) did not take off until about 2003/4.

Not being from the industry I used stats available on the Internet. As stated until you reach the accident rates of the Russians and Chinese the Pax care little in the long term.

The number incidents/accidents is really irrelevant - the underlying cause will be.

As above I think its the opposite

My point is that if an operator will be subject to (successful?) cooperate man slaughter charges the press associated with this will most likely will be the end for that that operator.

So to date who has been successfully charged and convicted and not had it turned over on appeal of a Corporate Manslaughter Charge even with the "Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act 2007" to make it easier to convict...

BobH