PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 7
Thread: Ryanair - 7
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2009, 19:03
IJM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder what effect on consumer confidence this has for Ryanair - ie. cancelling routes to Basel with just over 3 weeks notice, and not long before Xmas / New Year. A lot of people's travel plans having to be reviewed (and new flights with different airlines possibly having to be purchased, maybe at higher prices?). I can imagine a lot of people cheesed off.

The image of an airline regularly "falling out" with airports (eg. Manchester) must be in some consumers mind?

At what stage was the original contract between Basle Airport & Ryanair - was it up for renewal, or was it in "mid-term"?

Centrefire said:
If the incompetent fools cannot print their own boarding cards at home then they will now have another chance to do so.

Why would anyone not print out a boarding card knowing that it will cost them money. After this they usually go on to berate FR about the high cost of their failure to print.
Although many passengers may have workplaces, fully operational computers / printers at home, or internet cafes to print off boarding cards, not all will do so - for example if you are on holiday in a smaller community without these facilities, and have to book a flight back at short notice. People's plans do have to change unexpectedly sometimes. I wouldn't class them as "incompetent fools".

Ryanair are always complaining about "rip-off" airport taxes / tourist taxes etc, but 100 Euros (currently 40) to print a boarding pass at an airport? Who's the "rip-off merchant" there?