PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 10th Nov 2009, 06:40
shneidertrophy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Duolabs...do you think it would be NORMAL to get an upgrade on an A330 or B777? Does it happen in your previous company?

Do you think it is safe to upgrade on an A330 or B777? Your exposure to "real life" as a new captain will be minimal on a long haul fleet. Less rotations, more redundancy of the aircraft, major airports etc...So you would become a crap captain!

Do you think it would be beneficial to you or the company to allow you to do an upgrade on A330 or B777? See above...NO!

The A320 might not be the EGO booster you are looking for, but believe me there is no better airplane to find yourself on but the A320 as a junior commander!

Its hard work, you will learn how to use an MEL, you do 30+sectors/month (6 on T7 and 12 maybe on 330) and most of all....you will maintain your grip with reality!

Only real problem the guys on 320 have is the pay! Because of high duty time but lower block time, the pay on average on the A320 fleet is about 10% lower compared to the heavy metal boys! And this is one of the disgraces of this company!

Everybody knows about this, incl. management, but nobody acts!

A320 fleet will be the biggest fleet in the airline with 40+ airplanes and the company needs this fleet, but everybody looks down on it! Why? typical ME mentality: mine is bigger than yours!