PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should CASA ask RAAus about this registration?
Old 10th Nov 2009, 00:36
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Interesting turn of events.

Homesick Angel
Stop trying to muck rack the thread into something its not. I did not say it was not by the book, but the book might need some extra lines added to it.

Allegedly the a/c weighs in at 430kg, so an average bloke at 80kg with his wallet and headset, plus 45L of fuel, well that makes it. JUST!

Jabiru J200 if built light was around 325kg, so 2 x 80kg people and 83L of fuel.

It just does not make sense.

The builder will ultimately cost himself a heap of money. If the post above is correct, thats $154K . You can buy a RV7A from one of the best builders in the country right now, his own personal plane, with a nice paint job, EFIS, Autopilot GPS the whole deal for $160K or there about, and its VH registered with the full payload, and can be used for aero's.

Now tell me that the project was a smart idea....... Sure its a free country and if you want to burn your cash go for it, but it just does not make sense to have the RAA registering a/c like this. They just should not encourage silly things, it ultimately brings the RAA into disrepute when someone buys it and tries to use it overweight and gets ramped, then a mass of bad publicity follows.

VH-XXX
I think you could convert it to VH rego as experimental, in fact the builder could I think no trouble. Otherwise it would be no different to an imported RV or anything else.

In fact if the owner was smart he would do exactly that, get it on the VH register and maybe paint to the buyers spec.......... or drop the price a fair bit!

J