PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 linetraining with Eagle Jet
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2009, 22:20
ACP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

I strongly suggest you to think twice before buying a line training: I did 300 hours of line training on the A321 with one of the EJ's partner airlines based in Turkey (before the DGCA change their rules for Xpats pilots).

After the 300 hours, I (and the other ''students'') were sent back home for the reason that the airline couldn't renew our work permit.
Since that time (about 1.5 years ago) I have never found any job on the Airbus. One of my friends was fortunate to get a job in Europe but the salary is about 1700 Euros (altough he has more than 800 hours on type....)
I didn't find any job on TP : I've been told by some chief pilots that they don't wan't to hire jet experienced pilots because we might leave for a jet job as soon as the opportunity will arise.

I am lucky I had an instructor rating and I am still flying but most of my friends are still looking for a F/O job on the A320 (even with 300hrs experience on type).

So I wish you very good luck! If I had the opportunity to come back in the past, I would have never done the A320 rating!!

Last edited by ACP; 9th Nov 2009 at 23:28.