PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPSC Remembered. The Professional Pilots Study Centre
Old 9th Nov 2009, 22:03
oceanicclarence

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys.I originally signed up with PPSC just before they went belly up, and then a few years later did my ATPL's with them when they became GTS.

Roger Henshaw, top bloke. A calming, knowledgeable, quiet, and very positive guy who has seen it all before, and WILL get you there if you let him (ask him about his times on the Nimrod for a few good laughs) John Hooper, ex BA Flight Engineer, full of stories, been there, done it and bought the t-shirt, and one of the nicest guys I have ever had the pleasure to meet. Dave Webb, total wenwewol and an absolute star, (wouldn't like to have met him from the opposing side....)and Pete Swatton, who (quite literally) wrote the book on performance.
Believe me, they managed to get me through 14 ATPL exams with much prodding, coaching, words of wisdom, and in particular Rogers 'Wake up'!!! when the mid summer afternoons were too much after the pie van visit and beating the resident dog (don't underestimate Bruno) away from my sandwich box. Happy days.

All good people though, and I look back on my time at Bournemouth with some very happy memories. Just a pity at the time it seemed like a nightmare!!

Enjoy it!! it's not forever!