PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cessna 421 at FALA 3/11
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2009, 19:49
Contract Dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
glass houses

Remember that first job? the rush of getting paid to do what you love? the delay in payment but hey, its ok, they promise to pay next week, it will be ok, you are up in the air! Remember taking controll of your first single crew piston, the sweet smell of avgas and oil, off to a new destination, the promise of a great night stop or a familiar place where you know you will have a good lay over? Remember that boss saying "dont worry my boy, I have taken care of all the small print, just fly the plane because thats what I pay you for"??? We all did it, and some still do by choice, but for those who are cutting their teeth, a little more support is not a tall order to ask.

In a recent chat to the CAA along these lines they made it very clear, opperators who do this to young, single crew, fresh comm guys are going to get the full brunt of the investigation but try do it in a 1900/saab/metro/747 and you as the ATPL PIC should by now know better and you will get the slap on the ear hole, not your dodgy boss. Give the guy a break.

Dog