PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Security Personnel
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2009, 13:01
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a young patronising black girl looked down her nose at me last week, she said "It's ALL about respect and diversity". I was in a public sector office and she had taken exception to my remark that "you don't sign a date" when me being me I had done as instructed she said "sign there and there" and signed over the date instead of signing and dating. Silly me for not paying attention but I was immediately lectured to and spoken to like a naughty boy for expressing disquiet, no swearing, simply my tone of voice was not respectful enough to her.

That's the world we're in here in Gordon Brown's bankrupt Britain.
Now imagine how much things have to change to even begin to addressing your point...politicians don't see relaities they see policies, power and continual change.
I avoided a very dangerous path by keeping my big gob shut after she had begun and I sat and allowed her to lecture me, something I would NOT have allowed most people to do, certainly in public. Had I challenged her, there is no doubt who would have won.

Like airport security, they're not in the real world alas but the world of targets, objectives and policies.