PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2009, 11:50
Seldomfitforpurpose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wrathmonk
Walter

Your (apparent) sarcastic responses to those who don't want to listen to your views will only further undermine any support you may have remaining. If it helps your ego then, yes, a box similar to the one pictured in the example you provided may have been fitted to a Chinook HC2 in April 2005. Is it the magical black box you speak of? I don't know. Was it fitted 10 years earlier? I don't know. If it was so secret why was it not removed (or covered) before going on a 'spotters' photoshoot (as "special" control panels used to be on certain fast jet types)? I don't know. Why did the aircraft impact the Mull? I don't know! Happy?
Wrath,

Like you I cannot say for certain the box mentioned was not fitted but, having spent the first 14 years of my time as an aircraft technician, what I can say for sure is as follows

If the equipment Walter talks about was fitted there would, with out any shadow of a doubt be a paper trail. Not just trials paperwork etc but also aircraft rectification paperwork, ie it would have featured all over the F700

The equipment would have been fitted by RAF technicians.

The command chain within the Chinook Engineering would have been fully aware.

The authoriser would have been aware.

The command chain within 7 SF would have been aware.

Fellow 7 Sqn aircrew would almost certainly have been aware.

The supposed user units on the ground would have been aware.

As you can imagine the list of folk who would have known is fairly extensive and if you consider how much the HC report uncovered, MP's expenses etc etc then, to me it's simply inconceivable that someone has not come forward yet.

I have pointed this out to Walter in the past but like anything that does not fit with his theory he simply puts his fingers in his ears and shouts blah blah blah.

Like you I have no idea if this equipment was fitted but the odds on someone not substantiating Walters claim