PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: AFAP and the Mutual Benefit Fund
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2009, 10:40
sockedunnecessarily

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The vociferous protesters have usually contributed little, if not nothing, to their union or fellow flight crew members.
The little ive achieved on this post is more than the nothing which AFAP have achieved in 2 yrs.

SU, if your conscience is clear you would be better being part of your local committee, active within the union, achieving something, doing something positive and constructive rather than wasting your time with un-constructive, puerile rants in a public forum.
My conscience is clear and im involved. "Un-constructive, puerile rants" describes the way the AFAP have presented at eba meetings, every one of which I have attended. It also describes how they are handling the AFAP vs MBF mess.

SU, you can't say "YOU" about the AFAP or indeed any other union when it's only "WE".
I understand what unity is and why it makes a difference. The pilot body was united 12 months ago when it voted against a crap offer and made it very clear to the AFAP what had to be done. We are all still united because we all want the AFAP to stop d*cking around and to get SOMETHING, hell, ANYTHING done.

Are you a member of your pilot council or negotiating team?
No.

Do you talk to them often?
Yes, I talk to the PC rep regularly. They've had a gutfull too because they are banging their head on a brickwall.

That's what unity is.....not waiting for "OTHERS" to look after "YOU".
If we arent supposed to be getting the union to look after us, then what the hell are we paying $1000yr for?
The union is only partly the sum of its members. Its also the AFAP staff like legals, negotiators, industrial staff, technical staff and clerical staff. All of whom are employed by me and my fellow pilots.

And before you ask, I've been both an AFAP and MBF member for some twenty years.