PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2009, 07:33
Wrathmonk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Walter

I've met some rude people in my life but that will be surpassed if I was ever to meet you! My post was to help out on a question from Caz not to offer any views one way or the other - I'm sorry if this is not a 'useful contribution' to your campaign. The only time I have been in a Chinook is as SLF in the back so to me it's just another black box and, unlike some, I won't offer a professional opinion on something I have no professional knowledge on. There are plenty of Chinook / SH / rotary operators on here who have made their view clear many, many times.

I have made my position quite clear on this topic and that is I don't know without any doubt whatsoever what happened that day (and to be honest I don't think anybody, without any doubt whatsoever, will ever know) and therefore support the view that the finding of gross negligence is untenable. I assume from your determination to find out whether your own theory has any truth then you must feel the same.

Your (apparent) sarcastic responses to those who don't want to listen to your views will only further undermine any support you may have remaining. If it helps your ego then, yes, a box similar to the one pictured in the example you provided may have been fitted to a Chinook HC2 in April 2005. Is it the magical black box you speak of? I don't know. Was it fitted 10 years earlier? I don't know. If it was so secret why was it not removed (or covered) before going on a 'spotters' photoshoot (as "special" control panels used to be on certain fast jet types)? I don't know. Why did the aircraft impact the Mull? I don't know! Happy?