PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Strike threat may ground planes.
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2009, 02:26
airsupport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The PE's have a legitimate claim , they are so undervalued, compared to the overpaid , over valued , egotistical LAME's. The LAMEs won't F..rt without a clearance from a PE.They suffered from being represented at one stage by David Cox . Nuff said. Good luck guys .
I don't know where this is coming from, unless you are one of the PEs as you call them?

I have never worked for Qantas, so I don't know what it is like there and thus would NOT comment about the situation there, but I was an LAME for some 35 years with Australian registered aircraft, throughout Australia and Worldwide.

I am sure these PEs do a job, however I have never ever consulted one regarding problems with an aircraft, maybe it is different at Qantas, especially maybe in heavy maintenance?

In fact one place I worked it was the opposite, one of them I knew personally used to be always phoning me up on the Line asking about how to do something, much to the amusement of everyone else on the Line. Also I will never forget when I was an Apprentice back in the early 1960s, and the LAMEs went on strike, we had to work with these PEs who were replacing the LAMEs, and we Apprentices had to show these highly paid PEs what to do, they couldn't even do things like change bulkheads etc.

I am sure they serve a purpose, and they should have some limits on their duty hours, as definitely LAMEs should too.