PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Matthew's Report into OZ Defence Pensions Side-Lined
Old 9th Nov 2009, 00:46
Captain Sand Dune

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I appreciate and totally agree with what UNCTUOUS has posted. However a word of warning to those uniformed members who are contemplating writing to Komrade Krudd. Don't do it!
Should you choose do do so anyway I can guarantee Komrade Krudd will yell at the CDF, who will yell even more loudly at the appropriate Service Chief and so on down the chain. By the time it gets to you the sh!t storm will be of a sufficient magnitude to either end your career or stop it in it's tracks.
We in the ADF do have the same freedoms of speech as those whom are not. It's wrong, it p!sses me off sometimes, but it's a fact nevertheless. Even this website is monitored. If you think you are being anonymous by posting on here you're deluding yourself.
In my opinion you are better off supporting the DFWA, reducing your MSBS contributions to the bare legal minimum required and salary sacrificing to a private fund, and then making your feelings known at the next election.
Finally although I rarely pass up a chance to stick it to a Labour government' I should note that this problem goes back to the Howard years and even before.
As long as the pig-ignorant general public can afford plasma TVs, beer and cigarettes while still on welfare I don't think they give a sh!t about ADF superannuation. It will take bombs on Australia again to do that.