PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Just what are pilots worth then?
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2009, 21:54
Skyhigh86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barden thank you for your very constructive and useful views.

Its very true at 23 i have a great deal to learn and recognise this. Compared to a lot of people on this forum i would be classed as inexperienced, i cant help this. I would be a very foolish person indeed to not take advice from people i look up to on a daily basis.

With regard to ReallyAnnoyed comments about my views changing in 10 years time, im absolutely sure they will and i welcome it. The "beauty" of youth should hopefully hold up for a few more years at least

With regards to maturity, would be a shame to judge me based on two postings. However im the one who put my hand up to be counted, so will just have to cope with the backlash.

Its a real shame the industries going this way, especially for my "era" who are hoping to see this job till 65. Im not some masochist who takes great pleasure in seeing my career go down the sh*tter, its just that i can see both sides of the coin from a beancounters perspective. Aircraft are safer than ever, more reliable than ever and easier to operate than ever.

Thank you for your comments, i will take my leave now before im torn apart anymore