PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What it's like to spend £65,000 and not get a job
Old 8th Nov 2009, 13:05
inner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
numerus clausus

I really feel bad for all those who spend a lot of money for their training, having debts and having no prospects at all.

I'm also ashamed that these FTO's are still selling a dream but as you all know they are still companies. Even if there is no oil left in the world they still would sell it and some people are still naive enough to believe them.

As an authority you can not prevent companies from doing their business. As a authority you can not prevent youngsters taking the decision to go to these 'crooks'. But what you can do as an authority is put a numerus clausus. Not on national but on european scale.

Every country writes 50 (or other number) atpl theoretical exams a year. And every year the authorities can review this number BUT (and this is very important) Ab initios have to be informed that their chance to participate their theoretical exam is very slim. Even then, after being informed) they can still choose to go for it or to drop the idea. I can assure you the number of applicants will drop, FTO's can't blame that can't do business and the market will regulate.

I can't see another (drastic???) way to solve it.