PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Archerfield planning new single runway
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2009, 08:41
CEOAAA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Archerfield planning new single runway

Ando,

Many thanks - a voice of reason I suspect.

I guess my 'call sign' will give me away. That said I am really tired of the campaign being mounted by a few- mainly the YBAF C of C -against what AAC is thought to be doing.

We are in constant communication with AAC on a range of fronts - new leases, facilities and sealed cross runways. Guess what - we get a very positive hearing - and leases. We are not in the least worried about the new Master Plan simply because we talk with AAC and we present sound business cases for what we want.

As the largest FTO at YBAF in terms of students, instructors, aircraft, hours flown and monthly bills (with considerable growth next year) paid to AAC I am not surprised that they do listen to us. I appreciate that others claim such position - however, I will let the stats, and the fuel truck numbers settle such claims.

So, can we please bring some reason back to the debate and can you all check your facts.

Given our monthly bill to AAC, and our fuel suppliers, we would really like to find a way to reducing our costs but unfortunately, as I said in one of my previous posts - no one has yet given us the key to 'Alice's Portal' where all things aviation related are free.

If there is anyone out there who has the answer we are only too happy to listen.

Cheers