PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - passed interview and waiting
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2009, 08:06
3rd Floor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Passed a s/o interview almost year and a half ago. We were told possible start April 2009, then maybe late 2009, then early 2010 at the latest and now.... Who the fk knows! Very little communication from HR. The worst part of all of this is I'm not applying for other jobs just because of Cathay and a possibility of a start date. In the mean time they are interviewing and hiring cadets, for half the price ofcourse. Well good luck fellas, but all of this ''nosepulling'' by a 5 star airline is ridiculous and childish at best.
Hey bud, not sure where you have been over the past year but there has been a global financial crisis. What do you expect... continue DESO/DEFO recruitment and then make people redundant? It's no one else's fault except yours for the position that you are in. You hadn't been offered a start date or signed anything confirming your start date so the ball is not in your court... sorry!!

In the same boat as you... my main concern is the cadet program; I honestly don't see why there will EVER be a need for us DESOs if they can find guys who will do the same job, but without the (expensive) housing benefits. It's no small commitment to be willing to move across the world to work for a company, we've all done a lot to prepare and it would be a shame for it to all fall through after over a year in limbo. I suppose we will see - hopefully in the next couple months..
Stay positive dude... agree with your concerns and many believe that CX won't get the pilots (demand and quality) they are after under the new proposed plans. Housing is, if not the only reason why people come to CX. DESO's will be eventually back... but it may take time.

**For those that are concerned, latest info from the 6th floor is that there will not be any recruitment for DESO's in 2010. A steady flow of cadets will continue though.