PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice for anyone who cares. . . .
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2009, 03:24
Possible_Cadet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes another cadet wanna-be

In relation to the cadet scheme and alot of people commenting on the 500 hr multi command.
I have recently checked with Qantas link and a recent virgin blue expression of interest which stated:

- 250 hours Command or Co-Pilot of multi-engined, fixed wing aircraft (excluding ICUS). Would this now seem like the REX cadet scheme to be more lucrative??

Just a point to clarify personal circumstances, i know GA people love their backgrounds and Cadet scheme is not for them. My current job requires alot of attention to standing instructions and routine checks which has similar aspects to SOP's. I believe i would enjoy the environment of starting with SOP's, high pressure and steep parabolic learning, of course this is my personal opinion.

My question to REX employees with concern to the cadet scheme in particular Krusty and go_soaring. Why would REX utilize a cadet scheme if it were not to graduate their first officers to Captain within six years? Surely the high end management would have plans on how to successfully promote a cadet F.O to Captain. ICUS maybe is the next generation of Captains, hypothetically speaking and i mean no disrespect.

Another question to add to this thread, would it be that difficult to source the 500 hours multi command during the REX six year period, as in on days off or annual leave??

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks and happy flying