PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger and J*
Thread: Tiger and J*
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2009, 23:25
KABOY

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Sitting around and the phone rings. Fly to DRW and position straight back. Fly up in the evening and back on the next morning = two days of day off payment. Several thousand dollars just for one duty period.
Now flying whilst on leave may give you a day off payment for every duty day that month! I will let you work that one out.
Sometimes the detail is in the fine print.
Can we keep this pay in perspective! I know QF Link Dash 8 pilots that will earn $170K for working on days off and holidays but this is not long term sustainable. By doing these things you are removing employment opportunities for your colleagues.

Keep it real, if pilots from QF etc were to do this they would dwarf a Jetstar salary.

Bank managers will not loan to you on what you received, they will loan to you on what your salary is. The Air China boys will always receive a bigger loan than the Jetstar guys.

P.S And did I mention the other day I was entitled to a taxi, but I took the cash instead. That increased my year salary by another 50 Bucks!!!!!! Now I just need to do this 20 times and it is worth a grand.

Last edited by KABOY; 7th Nov 2009 at 00:08.