PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2009, 15:08
spudgunjon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What would concern me most if I were a recent/soon to be CTC Wings graduate is the continuing and ongoing recruitment for the ATP scheme, which if we believe what we are told by CTC, places cadets (upon completion of the 3 weekly run AQC) into the same holding pool of pilots they themselves are in/can expect to enter. It would equally concern me if I were someone recently completing or about to undertake the ATP scheme (for £6.5k) as to whether or not I am merely helping window dress CTC's figures through this torrid time in the industry. I'd hasten to add that the ATP scheme which had been closed throughout the majority of 2008 due to being oversubscribed to for the anticipated and current market needs, was bizarrely reopened at the beginning of 2009 - you know that famous hotbed year of airline recruitment we currently find ourselves in

The official line I was told by a well briefed CTC representative was that the airlines "specify their preference" when approaching CTC as to whether or not they want Wings/ATP cadets or indeed a mixture. My personal conclusion is that those of us who qualified/are qualifying in the time period from Jun 2008-End of 2011 will need to work like no other generation in order to avoid becoming a part of the forgotten era of pilot training/recruitment.

Make no mistake CTC has been fantastic. It is very close to the point of no return in terms of being in real danger of degenerating into the pilot factory conveyor belt that both Cabair and OAA have, wherein its one intangible USP -its reputation- will be irrevocably tarnished.

Isn't it integrated vs modular time again???