PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - enforcement of seat belts when "buckle up" sign is on?
Old 6th Nov 2009, 12:25
lowcostdolly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why not take a look at the SLF forum there is a well established thread on this subject

Just to let you know there are many many pax who choose to ignore repeated PA's,visual signs and direct instructions to safeguard their and others safety.....their choice.

Once the PA's have been made, the visual signs have been switched on and the CC's have done their visual checks if these people choose to ignore us that is their problem when they get injured.....no company will pay out to SLF who ignore the safety instructions given by the CC on behalf of the Captain.

These people will never learn until they get injured by turbulence and it does happen. I just feel sorry if they become the instrument that injures other more sensible pax who remain seated.

It's not that CC don't care but there is only so many times you can hit your head against a brick wall and get ignored......

Personally I feel that carriers should take a much tougher line against pax who ignore the "fasten seatbelt sign" as this is a command instruction. I don't think this will ever happen.

Having said that in a situation where the belts are on for 5 hours there needs to be a way of managing loo trips which should be discussed with the Captain and communicated to the pax......having a queue of prospective falling objects onto other pax is not acceptable.