PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA aircraft strikes jet bridge at Washington Dulles
Old 6th Nov 2009, 06:42
raffele

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It would seem so!

I couple years ago I was on the 293 to IAD, which arrived about 8pm. We all piled onto the plane mates as is the norm (for those who don't know, IAD use these very weird mobile lounges to take passengers around the place - search on Wikipedia for a picture). The plane mate I was on was attached to the door behind the wing (747). As such we were the last out, and the driver's wing mirror hit the back of the wing.

Absolute pandemonium ensued. The fire department, police, BA engineering... The captain and ground crew all flooded onto the scene. We didn't move an inch whilst the damage was looked at. We were taken off the plane mate, had to give our details to the police (names and first address in the states) and 45 minutes later were loaded onto a new plane mate and on to customs and immigration.

I believe there was no damage done (except perhaps to the mirror) but I'm guessing the driver - who was rather scared at the time - got a rollacking