PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Astraeus A320 Contracts
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2009, 00:27
Norman Stanley Fletcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well what do you know? Surprise! It turns out that IFALPA are indeed onto what is happening, and that everything I have said about the Astraeus A320 contract is true. Who would have believed it? Don't read a single one of my posts - just read the text above from IFALPA as it really says it all. So Rainboe, maybe now you may have cottoned onto the fact that no one cares about your BA pension or what company you work for. What people care about is the shameful use of Astraeus to destroy the liveliehoods of current Aer Lingus pilots. This is simply unacceptable and I am absolutely delighted that at last the battle is about to kick off. Alas, Rainboe old fruit, you are about to find yourself on the wrong side of a messy union battle. Maybe this is the time to resign your BALPA membership that you have held since 1971. It is just such a shame that having gained so much from being a member to date, you are now so easily participating in a scheme to destroy fellow union members.

Doug the Head - I know we have our disagreements over easyJet, but I am disappointed you are using such an important issue to continue to snipe at me here. I neither desire your good opinion or fear your disdain, but I do think that your comments are misplaced. This issue affects every single pilot who belongs to a legitimate trade union and should be seen as an attack on us all. The situation at Astraeus transcends our differing views, and I trust that you can see the totally unacceptable nature of what is taking place here. For what it is worth, I completely deplore the treatment of our cadets and newly promoted captains by easyJet. Nonetheless, however loathsome that may be, it simply cannot be compared to this situation. This is no different from Astraeus being brought in to do the work of easyJet at Gatwick - even you would hopefully see the need to stand up and fight rather than just carp from the sidelines.