PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bmibaby
Thread: Bmibaby
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2009, 16:12
scott737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From an SLF perspective, I find it hard now to book a flight with baby. The carrier seems to have an unfortunate habit of cancelling booked flights and whilst this is perfectly legal, it doesn't engender customer loyalty since the customer then has to find other flights at short notice often at a higher cost. This then makes the customer less likely to book baby flights in the future in case the same thing should happen again.

I sincerely hope baby will survive as I've found the crews great and it is people's livelihoods we're talking about here. But, IMHO, what they surely need to do is show some commitment to routes so that customers can book with confidence in them knowing that the route will operate. Unfortunately, the announcement of the fleet reduction leads to the conclusion that more routes will be cut, more customers disappointed and probably more people generally less willing to book with baby in the future. It is hard to escape from the conclusion that they are on a generally downward spiral although I really hope I am wrong and that LH has some sort of masterplan for their rescue.

Scott