PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bonds. Legal or not in UK Law?
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2001, 17:43
Raw Data

Thumbs down

InFin-

just a quickie...

>> Hi FP, with groundschool, fixed base sim, sim hours, time in the air on said machine, line checks and other costs. Getting on for £20-25,000. A fair piece of dosh.
If the airline can get it all discounted it won't be less than £18,000 I would have thought. But I guess someone will pop with some definitive figures sooner or later. <<

And this just illustrates another unfairness in the system. I remember a previous employer I worked for, who introduced some fine BAe types (ATP, J31, J41). We all went off to PIK for our courses, and naturally we were all bonded for them. However, I was later told (by the head of the training school at PIK) that all the initial courses had in fact been provided free as part of the purhase/lease package- no an uncommon practice.

The upshot- those who left early and paid their bonds (or had them paid for by other airlines), were paying for training that the company had itself never paid for! Surely this is fraudulent, and another example of how cynical employers can be.

[Edited for typo]

[This message has been edited by Raw Data (edited 12 April 2001).]