PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A stunning tribute to you all, you should all watch this..
Old 5th Nov 2009, 10:49
Top Bunk Tester

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SS

I stand by all I have said, albeit I could have been a little more diplomatic, my anti PC red mist had descended, for which I apologise. As other posters above said, the cross in this context was, I believe never intended to be taken in a religious context. If you rewatch the presentation you will see that every photograph portrayed 'British' servicemen and women, I use the word British as it was used in the presentation, but I fully accept and embrace that 'British' in this context also encompasses the many 'Commonwealth' troops that bravely lay their lives on the line for our country. In fact the image of the soldier saving himself from the burning vehicle was particularly poignant for me as I was in Basrah at the time. I do not wear a cross, I do however wear a Poppy at this time of year (and also a H4H wristband 24/7/365) and also contribute regularly.

And thanks for open posting your reply to my PM, as I said in it, I didn't want our squabble to spill over and further ruin a great post and link by NutLoose, but you just wouldn't let it lie and are now reaping the wrath of other posters. By the way, I have never been and never will be, as you alluded to above, a Facist. I will now publicly withdraw as I no longer wish to drawn into your diatribe.

TBT