PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A stunning tribute to you all, you should all watch this..
Old 5th Nov 2009, 08:44
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
Bit of a difference IMHO between temporary markers at the time... and a world wide image drooled over by the likes of Saatchi and Saatchi for months to produce the right image to bring the Poppy into the modern age.

It is good that NutLoose linked to the German grave marker website, as I was told earlier by 'a poster here' that HM Forces pledge allegiance to The Queen who is the figurehead of the Church of England, a Christian religion and the religion of the majority of our country.

So according to them the Cross represents the Church of England and not Christians or religions as a whole.

And there was me thinking that the allegiance was to The Queen as Monarch and to God as a religious figure, whichever God it may be. That was why when taking the Oath of Allegiance, those who don't believe in God are able to replace the words "swear by Almighty God" with "solemnly, sincerely and truly declare and affirm".

I'm sure that person by now though, (you know who you are), realises what they told me is wrong, now that they are aware that the Poppy wearing was started by Moina Michael...an American.

I feel sure that no-one of any religion would be offended by the photo below and the image it portrays, however the manufactured image of a single Poppy with Cross shadow might be sending the wrong message.