PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question about the difference in the left and right seat controls on Airbus
Old 5th Nov 2009, 07:31
BSelic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks again to the subsequent posters. I withdraw my hasty conclusion -- although I must admit that I am confused again about the answer. What I venture to conclude is that there seems to be a consensus on the following:

- pilots do not seem to find the differences between right- and left-hand sidesticks to be a problem

- in some cases, stick control requires a precision that is at least comparable to writing. (By the way, I do know the importance of the "feel" on control columns, because we were very careful to get those right when I worked on aircraft simulators many years ago -- in fact, I designed the flight controls analog circuits that did that).

It is the combination of the two above taken together that puzzles me, because they do not match my experience (in general -- I am not a pilot).

If I interpreted Milt right, the forces are adjusted individually to match the weaker/stronger hand -- or did I misinterpret this? (An interesting question then is if there is an option to accommodate left-handed people.)