PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Exams, Credit for CPL Exams? Help!!
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2009, 19:18
NickGooseBrady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATPL Exams, Credit for CPL Exams? Help!!

Dear All,

A little help please, I have read LASORS (section J) and have trawled through previous posts. I cannot find the answer to my question.

For reasons various (mil service overseas mainly) I have not completed all 14 ATPL exams but have successfully passed 12 (have not attempted and will not be attempting Gen Nav or HpandL). My 18 month window has expired.

My plan is to instruct, as a hobby on either a PPL or possibly a CPL, in approx 5 years time when I have left the services and have the time to have such a hobby!

I understand that to instruct one needs to have completed either the CPL theoretical knowledge exams or the ATPL exams.

I need to know if the 12 exams I have done count as CPL exam passes in the equivalent subjects? If yes is there some sort of time limit for getting these passes credited against the CPL exams? In other words I have done 12 of the 14, the 18 month window has just expired. Can I still use these exam passes for CPL theoretical knowledge credit? If yes anyone know how I go about doing it?

Many thanks for any help.

NGB