PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bmibaby
Thread: Bmibaby
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2009, 18:48
worldaccording2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skip.rat.... apologies if you thought my comments were directed at the pilot fraternity of mainline, they were not. They are directed firmly at the management of Mainline and Baby. As one of the 158 affected by today's announcement, the mood of the majority is one of being let down and mismanaged. I totally agree with your comments regarding the financial artistry that has been going on by SMB.

Lufty have been forced into taking BMI group and despite their best efforts not one bidder has materialized to take it off their hands. So they are forced to try and stop the bleeding. Baby today and unfortunately Mainline and regional at the end of the month. The cull at the top has already started, but the board and previous management must the responsibility of the state the business is in.

We were told that the minimum no of aircraft required to operate as a financial going concern was 17. That has now become 12 for next year and we can all guess what will happen next winter when more leases expire. Lufty will wind it down to nothing and concentrate on their core business.

To all who are affected either with baby,mainline or regional I wish you well for the future and hope we can all find a better place to enjoy our chosen profession.