PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cheapest way to a ATPL?
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2009, 16:33
12Watt Tim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
50k is entirely realistic for the all the courses. If you take minimum hours and cheapest options (distance learning, PPL and hour building in the US etc) it could probably be done for significantly less.

I never disputed that it is possible to pay more, even £100k, and that is all that is proven by someone spending £75k. However the title of the thread is not "Most expensive way to a ATPL".

The way you have decided to acquire a frozen ATPL might be that expensive, and this might be "how it is" for you, but it isn't for most of the people I know - in fact I don't know anyone who did spend anything close to £100k, unless you factor in leaving a well-paid job which is not realistic for iranair's case. They all got jobs. Iranair wants to do it the cheap way, which can be more of a slog but I for one found it very rewarding (much more so than I think the integrated course would have been) and when I was recruiting pilots I would not even look at the guys straight out of integrated courses, as they had no real captaincy experience at all.